Work With Us
About Develop CENTS, LLC…
Develop CENTS was founded by David White in 2013 to assist businesses and nonprofit organizations worldwide. We provide on-site and remote technical support and IT consulting, web hosting services, and technical training and workshops for nonprofits and small businesses.
Visit our About Page to get the full scoop.
Marketing, Communications & Administrative Assistant
- Secretarial work, including:
- Answering phone calls from new & existing clients, and scheduling appointments for David and/or Develop CENTS contractors
- Coordinating work with contractors in the event David is unavailable to help a client within a reasonable period of time
- Selling our products and services to potential clients through phone calls, emails and face-to-face meetings
- Assist in operating our social media accounts and curating and/or writing content for our blog
- Attend local business networking events such as Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce networking functions
- Experience with Social Media (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Able to communicate respectively, quickly and clearly to current and prospective clients
- Able to transport oneself to networking functions and meetings with prospective clients (mileage will be reimbursed)
- Secretarial experience
- Any advanced computer technical support or web design experience is a huge benefit
This is ultimately going to be a full time position, and pay is negotiable. However, it will likely start out part time & work itself up to full time within a few months. To apply, email david [at] developcents.com with a copy of your resume and cover letter.
Technical Support Contractor
If you’re good at solving general technical support needs and are also good at interacting with people who are not, this may be a good fit for you! We are looking for contractors who can perform various jobs at various client locations in and around Chattanooga.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Updating virus definitions and performing anti-virus scans
- Cleaning up client PCs for speed and performance
- Installing and maintaining wireless networks
- Supporting clients with software installation, uninstallation, and configuration (including Microsoft Office products and local Email Client support)
- Able to communicate with non-technical people in a respectful and efficient manner
- At least 1-2 years experience providing technical support
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products
- Proficient with Windows 7, Windows Server and Mac OSX.
- Proficient with anti-virus, anti-malware, and Windows system cleanup tools
- Proficient with basic switches, routers and wireless access points
Optional (nice to have) Skills:
- Experience in Active Directory
- Certifications such as A+
- Interest in Community Development
- Experience working with nonprofit organizations
- Experience with Linux, Firewalls (especially pfSense), and Ubiquiti devices
This position has a starting pay of $20/hour and is negotiable based on experience. We cannot guarantee any work. This position would be a contractor / 1099 relationship, and you would only be called on an as-needed basis.
If you are interested in being a contractor for Develop CENTS, please email david [at] developcents.com with a copy of your resume.