This page was last updated on: March 2013
If you are planning to host your website with us through our any of our web hosting solutions (including Managed VPS), you are required to agree to the following terms:
- Before your web hosting account is made active, you must register at http://developcents.com/hosting-registration.
- We provide a 99.95% monthly server up-time guarantee. If your website is down for more than 0.05% within a single month (defined as 30 days), we will refund you that month's charge.
- If you install (or hire us to install) any Content Management System (CMS), including (but not limited to) Drupal, Wordpress, or Joomla, you agree that you will install (or hire us or another web developer to install) any security releases made available for your website, by the official source of your software, within 60 days of the software security release.
- Open Source Content Management Systems are community-sponsored, community-built platforms. While the advantages of Open Source Software far outweigh the negatives, security updates provided by the offocial community must be addressed in order to keep your website and our servers operating efficiently, safely, and securely.
- Note that this does not apply to customers on dedicated VPSs (Virtual Private Servers).
Data Usage, Financial Donations, & E-Commerce
- While we perform daily and weekly backups of our servers for disaster recovery purposes, you should make your own backups of your own files.
- We do not allow any adult (pornography of any kind) or gambling related material to be hosted on our servers. In the event we find this condition has been breached, we will immediately close your account and you will not be issued a refund.
- Websites that contain illegal or copyrighted material of any kind will not be tolerated, including music, videos, pictures, written material, and anything else that is not your own. In the event we find this condition has been breached, we will immediately close your account and you will not be issued a refund.
- E-commerce websites and donation forms are allowed. However, special security considerations absolutely must be taken into account:
- You agree to use, at minimum, 2048-bit SSL encryption on any page that processes financial data, and that these pages stay protected behind persistent SSL connection requiring the user to login to the website.
- There are some cases when websites want to store credit card or bank account / routing numbers locally. This is not allowed (on our shared servers)! If you want to store this type of information on your website, you will need to purchase a Managed VPS , and provide reasonable justification.
- Note that some payment processing services may ask you to store sensitive information such as credit cards & bank account / routing numbers in a report. This is an irresponsible requirement, and we will not allow this type of report to be saved. The only exception to this reporting requirement is when all but the last 4 numbers are replaced with a generic placeholder (an "x" for example).
- Any credit card data that is stored should be stored in an encrypted format.
- The PCI Security Standards Council makes it very clear that a website should not store cardholder data unless absolutely necessary. Please see https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pdfs/pci_fs_data_storage.pdf for more information.
- At this time, payment cycles are on an annual basis only.
- We offer a 15 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unhappy with our services, simply tell us to cancel your account within 15 days of registering, and we will gladly refund you the full amount, minus any possible setup fees.
- Full payment for service must be received within fourteen (14) days of receiving an invoice, which we will email you.
- There will be a $25 fee for any returned (bounced) checks, in addition to any possible bank fees we are assessed.
- After initial payment is received, you will be invoiced on an annual basis. Subsequent payments must be made within 14 days of the invoice date.
- Sometimes websites hosted in a shared environment need additional memory resources, or they might cause high disk activity, reducing the performance of the other websites. In the event that your website causes too much stress in the shared environment, we reserve the right to notify you, issue a prorated refund for the time you have left, and migrate your website to a Managed VPS Solution.